At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want. -- Lao Tzu

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Inspiration comes from everywhere

I'd like to begin collecting quotes that I find important and putting them in one spot, since I don't have much on my blog yet I thought this would be a good project. Some just touch me, others remind me of special people I know or knew. I hope these inspire you too.

Karen
PS) If you aren't mentioned here it doesn't mean you won't be eventually...


For Grim, until I met you I did not understand how brightly we can shine:
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God; your playing small doesn't serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
NELSON MANDELA, inaugural speech, 1994


To NCers, my life is more open and beautiful because of you:
"No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite."
NELSON MANDELA

For Fox, there are no words that need to be said...lym:
"Be glad of life, because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and look up at the stars, to be satisfied with your possessions; to despise nothing in the world except falsehood and meanness, and to fear nothing except cowardice, to be governed by your admirations rather than by your disgusts, to covet nothing that is your neighbor's except his kindness of heart and gentleness of manners; to think seldom of your enemies, often of your friends...and to spend as much time as you can, with body and with spirit. These are little guideposts on the footpath to peace.
HENRY VAN DYKE

No comments: